Sweet Potato is a nutrient dense, power packed root vegetable amongst all root vegetables. Many people have hardly known about its health benefits.
So, lets take a look at its impressive health benefits, which is easily available in the market at cheaper price.
Including a sweet potato everyday or atleast thrice in a week in kids diet will help in overall development and growth.
- Low glycemic index maintains blood glucose level even though after consuming it.
- Weight watchers can include in their regular meal being rich in fibre and low on glycemic index.
- Fibre in sweet potato cures constipation.
- Extremely rich source of beta carotene which is converted to vit. A in our body. Vit A helps in maintaining healthy skin, good vision, overall immunity and fights against cancer cells, cures liver in case of any liver disease.
- Good source of potassium, maintains normal blood pressure.
- Cures muscle soreness.
- Good for athletes or marathon runners for carbohydrate loading.
There is hardly any vegetable or fruit which possesses such broad spectrum of health benefits. So, one can have it in their regular meal or as a snack.
Sweet potato recipes are made in various ways. It can be steamed, grilled or shallow fried.
A good thing is, it gets cooked very fast.
– 3/4 cup mashed boiled sweet potato
– 3/4 cup cooked vegetables like cauliflower, capsicum, cabbage, green peas
– 2 tbsp rajgira (amaranth) / jawar (sorghum) flour
– chopped coriander
– 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
– 1 tsp chilli powder
– 2 tsp lemon juice
– 1/4 tsp amchur (dried green mango) powder
– 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
– salt to taste
– oil for shallow frying
Mash cooked sweet potato along with other cooked vegetables. Add rajgira / jawar flour for binding instead of refined flour. Add spices and salt to taste. Mix all ingredients well and shallow fry tikkis (cutlets) with moderate oil.